With thousands of resellers online, it can be challenging to learn and gain knowledge on your own to grow your business. Most sellers in the early years of online selling rely on current experience and get lucky if they know someone who is also selling on the same platform to exchange tips and tricks.
Part of many online marketplaces' efforts to support their seller community is to hold events where sellers get the opportunity to attend training, establish new connections, and get first-hand experience of the new marketplace updates straight from leaders themselves.
If you are familiar with Poshmark's PoshFest, there is another valuable sellers' event that you should not miss this year. If you are also selling on eBay, the eBay Open 2022 is an event you should not miss. Read on and learn more about the upcoming biggest seller event of the year and how you can join thousands of sellers and learn new things that will benefit your business.
eBay Open: What is it?
eBay has been holding different types of events annually, and this year, the biggest would be the eBay Open. This event will take place from September 21 to 23 and will be mainly held virtually, but local sellers from Los Angeles, Austin, and New York City can join the three-hour-only in-person meeting by attending the Open Studios.
This event is open to all eBay sellers who wish to participate. Although most of the content that will be discussed is aimed at US sellers, helpful business insights can also benefit Canada-based sellers who wish to join.
What To Expect
Programs: With the three-day event, plenty of things are worth looking forward to. Below is the line-up of happenings that you should expect:
- Keynotes - This is where you can get the latest insights and platform/app updates that top eBay executives will discuss.
- Fundamental & advanced training sessions - will be composed of different learning tracks and sessions to help you grow your business and achieve your goals.
- Seller-led sessions - eBay resellers like you facilitate these sessions, and it's where you can also ask questions through chat during live Q&As.
- Category breakouts - This portion is hosted by eBay experts, where you can get tips and tricks and what you should know more about the category that you sell.
- Networking - Let's not forget the opportunity of meeting new friends and getting acquainted with other sellers like you.
- Expect Lots of fun - The most important thing in joining events like this is to have fun. eBay will provide breaks between sessions where you can play games and take photos for a more memorable experience.
Fees: If you are wondering if you need to pay anything to be able to participate, you don't have to shed any amount if you plan to join the virtual event. However, should you wish to go in-person on the eBay Open Studios, a fee of $20 applies, but in return, you will get a $20 eBay gift card.
eBay Booths: During the live sessions, you can go to eBay booths which are hosted by some eBay experts, where you can ask questions. You can see and choose the booth where your concern is related, and live eBay staff will answer them for you.
eBay Open Studios
If you are the type of seller who likes mingling and is interested in personal networking, you are in luck as eBay Open Studios will be happening this year in these venues and schedules:
- Los Angeles - The eBay Open Studios in Los Angeles, California, will be held on Friday, Sept. 23, from 11 a.m.-2:30 p.m. PT at Hudson Loft | 1200 S Hope St, Los Angeles, CA 90015
- Austin - eBay Open Studios in Austin, Texas, will happen on Friday, Sept. 23, from 1-4:30 p.m. CT, at The Sunset Room | 310 E 3rd St, Austin, TX 78701
- New York - eBay Open Studios in New York will happen on Friday, Sept. 23, from 2-5:30 p.m. ET, at Tribeca 360 l 10 Desbrosses St, New York, NY 10013
If you are close to these areas, don't miss the chance to get into the limited, three-hour event to watch the third-day keynote, participate in live Q&A portions, and network with attendees personally. Register here and select Virtual + eBay Open Studio if you haven't yet. Note that bringing a guest who is not registered is not permitted as Open Studios has a limited capacity event.
Grow Your Business with Automation
Participating in events hosted by the marketplaces you love is truly a fun activity to attend. Aside from socializing with other resellers, the experience and knowledge you'll get is valuable. However, joining will mean spending time at the event and less time tending to your shop and listings. Good thing that there are automation services like OneShop. This can help you manage your listings on eBay and other platforms while you are busy learning new information that will help you grow your business while enjoying and deepening your connections with other eBay users.
OneShop is an intelligent app you can rely on when cross-listing your eBay items to other marketplaces such as Poshmark, Mercari, and Depop. This way, you can be sure that you are still reaching many potential buyers while enjoying marketplace events like eBay Open. OneShop also has an automatic delisting feature that can save you from multiple buyers accidentally buying a single item you listed on more than one site.
In addition, OneShop makes it easy for you to come back to your drafts should you need to step away and tend to other things, like joining an event with its draft saving feature. Also, you can ensure that your shop is actively posting new listings using the Scheduled Listing feature.
That's not all; by using the app, you can also see your seller performance and track how your sales are doing and if you are reaching your goals. Furthermore, OneShop supports sellers beyond automation and up to managing your orders. Aside from checking all your orders, you can print shipping labels and schedule pick-ups right in the app for a more streamlined workflow.
Thousands of resellers trust OneShop as it is the easiest way to sell on multiple marketplaces. If you want to see it for yourself, all you have to do is sign-up here and set up your account to access its 7-day free trial.